5th Season Outdoors logo 5SO
https://degree.saurashtrauniversity.edu/images/rtp-live/
Torrent Tracker
× Sports Commentary

Ohio's new license/game check system

More
26 Feb 2011 02:40 #63 by sdo_greg
sdo_greg created the topic: Ohio's new license/game check system
Curious to know if any fellow Ohio hunters have an opinion on the new CRM licensing/game check system for 2011? Being that I'm more technical, I see the value but wonder how much wildlife will be lost due to what seems like "less control" from a game check process perspective? There's enough issue with poaching, will this help slow it down?
The following user(s) said Thank You: tiffany

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Feb 2011 19:19 #67 by rackaholic30
rackaholic30 replied the topic: Re: Ohio's new license/game check system
This is all wrong oh man I see big trouble in the future I mean people are flat out lazy. Take it to a check in station and check it in. How hard is that.

More
27 Feb 2011 02:45 #75 by Ckh9907
Ckh9907 replied the topic: Re: Ohio's new license/game check system
The new system sounds just like the system that is used out here in Washington state. very simple system that is very user friendly. Out here we are not able to print our own tags and licenses but are able to buy them online and receive them via snail mail. Each person is issued a "wildID" number which is basically an individual tracking number for hunting history and info. I don't have to have an old license or card to get a new tag or license. all i need is my drivers license. If I lose a tag or license (or forget it) reprints are cheap and all I need is my driver's license. As far a reporting goes...at the end of the hunting season each person who bought a tag must report hunting activity, very simple survey, (where did you hunt, how many days each area, did you harvest an animal, if yes how big) If you don't report by the deadline, next year's license is like $10 more. (that's the incentive to report) Each tag has a number and must be recorded at the meat processor and at the taxidermist, tag stays with the animal. By requiring unsuccessful hunters to also report hunting activity has helped our area with wildlife management. Much easier to track amount of hunting pressure, harvest rates, etc. for each GMU (game management unit) As far a poaching goes...we haven't seen a large jump in the amount of poaching with the new system. Poachers will poach no matter what so the type of licensing system will not deter poaching. Growing up hunting in Ohio and now hunting in Washington I could see that this system would work a bit different in Ohio because of the way we hunt out here compared to Ohio. Out here we have millions of acres of public land and the majority of hunting is on public land that is much easier for DFW to patrol compared to Ohio with a much higher percentage of private land hunting. IMO this type of reporting system works well here in WA it does have it's downfalls just like everything but overall I believe it has helped our area manage our wildlife better.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sdo_greg, tiffany

More
11 Mar 2011 00:38 #342 by sdo_TRB
sdo_TRB replied the topic: Re: Ohio's new license/game check system

sdo_greg wrote: Curious to know if any fellow Ohio hunters have an opinion on the new CRM licensing/game check system for 2011? Being that I'm more technical, I see the value but wonder how much wildlife will be lost due to what seems like "less control" from a game check process perspective? There's enough issue with poaching, will this help slow it down?

I'm with you! I think that this will lead to alot of unregistered harvests. i just don't see how hard it is to drive to a check station, have the clerk fill out a little sheet and slap a metal tag on the deer.

Check out me as well as the other SDO members at www.stormdogoutdoors.com

Be sure to follow us on Twitter and "like" us on Facebook!

More
11 Mar 2011 20:15 #344 by rackaholic30
rackaholic30 replied the topic: Re: Ohio's new license/game check system
Change isnt always for the better

More
15 Mar 2011 04:31 #365 by sdoJB
sdoJB replied the topic: Re: Ohio's new license/game check system
I am confused about this whole "telecheck" thing. I feel that is going to do nothing but promote poaching. What is going to stop a hunter from "telechecking" a buck as a doe? I have heard that when each deer are checked the game warden will receive these notices almost immediately, I'm assuming via cell phone. But again, how will this help? I live in Central Ohio and our county probably had between 2000-3000 deer harvested this year, how can one game warden follow up to make sure every deer checked is what it was reported to be. Just a few months ago Ohio was listed in North American Whitetail as one of the best states to hunt. The article stated that this was based on our bag limits and checking requirements. Well not anymore. I can only imagine where we will be in 5-10 years of this. Sorry just frustrated. Let me know what you think.

Check out the Storm Dog Outdoors website @ stormdogoutdoors.com You can also follow us on Twitter and Like us on Facebook.

Thanks,

Jon "JB" Burke

More
27 Jul 2012 02:41 #487 by chircuipug
chircuipug replied the topic: Many you have to know to buy your modern living room furniture, ensure that you
This kind of recently been believed, you have got to purchase this particular seat associated with less significant volume in order for you the kids in order to savor all the swaying mobility of the office chair. The explanation you need to buy small or boy or girl measurement office chairs is certainly the point that these are very risk-free. However, similar is not reported about the much bigger different sizes ever since volume mismatch helps make things perilous for kids, of which of course absolutely no dad or mom would definitely desire. Likewise, <a href=http://ohmydare.com/>leather sofas online</a> infants will seek that an easy task to acquire in contrast by using substantial sort of office chairs. So far as that types and materials tend to be, you could uncover rocking office chairs pertaining to little children that they are created from wood made exactly like substantial sized bar stools. Certainly, you will find a huge color choice spectrum in terms of small ergonomic chair. Designed for little young ones, you're remarkably instructed so that you can also investigate child rockers. All these office chairs just for reduced young people are frequently for sale. For instance, for people with made your thoughts in regard to shopping for any such couch afterward it becomes much healthier for you to first feedback survey market trends and watch if you learn of it again on discount sales because it would definitely help save a great deal of capital. Muscle building take a look at choosing the sort of easy chair intended for children, it is worthy of talking about the following that you decide to buy all those bar stools which are brushed along with special <a href=http://ohmydare.com/storage-ottomans.php>ottomans for sale</a> version of coloring which will won't destruction your kids in any respect. Also, essential be sure that your crevices in the patio chairs can be circular as this would assistance with protecting against this problems. Likewise, you will probably choose this harley seat to be reduced so your kid doesn't necessarily believe tangled from the recliner along with is capable of maneuver unhampered while not getting damage. Decrease seating should be certain that a child can possibly impression the garden soil with no falling. It might at the same time often be best if you investigate various designs due to the fact there are plenty you could learn.

Time to create page: 0.476 seconds