Torrent Tracker
× Product Reviews- Hunting

Under Armour or Scent Lok?

• Buck42
  • Buck42's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
25 Feb 2011 03:03 #45 by Buck42
Buck42 created the topic: Under Armour or Scent Lok?
I am looking at some clearance hunting gear and I’m not sure if I should buy Under Armour since it is climate controlled or Scent Lok since it has the scent free technology. I do plan to use it for a lot of deer hunting. Thoughts???

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Feb 2011 07:01 #50 by rackaholic30
rackaholic30 replied the topic: Re: Under Armour or Scent Lok?
I think it's up to you how you wana look in the tree but none of it matters if you don't keep all clothing in a scent free tote or air tight bag. It's great to have a carbon 600 dollar suit but it's all about the wind period. The scent lok will help but it's not 100%. You can be in a air tight space suit and if you are down wind you might as well forget it. They can smell 1000 times better than we can. Play the wind and you will shwac em and stack em, good luck man.

• Buck42
  • Buck42's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
25 Feb 2011 18:06 #51 by Buck42
Buck42 replied the topic: Re: Under Armour or Scent Lok?
Thanks man. I do use a tote an a carbon pack so i'm good.

More
25 Feb 2011 19:08 #52 by rackaholic30
rackaholic30 replied the topic: Re: Under Armour or Scent Lok?
No problem good luck this season

More
02 Mar 2011 05:55 #155 by bonecollector85
bonecollector85 replied the topic: Re: Under Armour or Scent Lok?
id go with the under armor if your not warm or comfortable your not gunna wanna sit out there and during the rut i love to sit all day. they make plenty of scent killer sprays or cover scents but the wind is key.

More
02 Mar 2011 15:47 #165 by sdo_greg
sdo_greg replied the topic: Re: Under Armour or Scent Lok?
This is a tough question to answer simply because everyone is different and has different approaches. I am personally a Scent Lok fan but its because it works for me. Others I know say otherwise. The actual suit is one variable in the overall process, its really all of the other steps that go into being scent free that makes you successful.

Just like the previous posts states, use the tote to help store and transport. Use scent killer spray, use rubber boots, the list goes on. Its really a step by step process that you'll have to figure out what works best for you.

Just because you have Tiger Woods' golf clubs doesn't mean your game will be top notch. Its only part of the equation. Good luck!

More
05 Mar 2011 05:50 #213 by Ol Mike
Ol Mike replied the topic: Re: Under Armour or Scent Lok?
I don't know much about the Under Armour...does it control scent? I thought it was more for warmth. I use an off brand close fitting base layer and a Scent Lok suit over my base layers. The Scent Lok helps but I've learned that unless you like to hunt inside of a trash bag you'd better hunt the wind as though you just rolled in a gym bag because those big bucks can smell you Scent Lok suit or not. Just my two cents :)

More
05 Mar 2011 18:32 #231 by Beau_5SO
Beau_5SO replied the topic: Re: Under Armour or Scent Lok?
I too have always been under the impression that it was designed for warmth not scent control, is there something I missed? :blink:

Proverbs 14:23 "All hard work brings a profit, but mere talk leads to poverty."

More
06 Mar 2011 23:06 #264 by Fulldraw
Fulldraw replied the topic: Re: Under Armour or Scent Lok?
I'm not a big scent lok, scent spray guy myself. I have hunted the wind for the past 13 years, and it has been working just fine for me. If your buying scent lok clothing for the comfort, I say go for it. But I truly believe you are fooling yourself if you are relying on that clothing to make you invisible, or even change your chances of bagging a deer. I do keep my clothes in a "scent lok" bag just because of it's large size and convenience, but I don't buy into it actually eliminating me scent.

That's just me....

Time to create page: 0.426 seconds