5th Season Outdoors logo 5SO
https://degree.saurashtrauniversity.edu/images/rtp-live/
Torrent Tracker
× Whitetail Management

High fence = B.S

More
25 Feb 2011 19:28 - 27 Feb 2011 20:40 #56 by rackaholic30
rackaholic30 created the topic: High fence = B.S
I hate the fact that richy rich so called hunters go in these high fence areas with there big bank accounts and harvest these Giant bucks like they have done somethin amazing hahaha. Let me tell ya anyone can shoot fish in a barrel. I wish they would outlaw that junk any thoughts????

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Feb 2011 22:29 #71 by tiffany
tiffany replied the topic: Re: High fence = B.S
Agreed. They call hunting as sport for a reason. If we lowered the hoop and tied down all the offense players I tend to doubt they would call basketball a sport.

I'm not a fan of government intervention and overextension though. I think pressure from real hunters like yourself is just as effective.

What are your thoughs on this: Would you consider it unfair still if the high fence area in consideration consisted of several thousand acres? (Basically, if they put a fence around Wisconson is it unfair?)

5SO

More
27 Feb 2011 20:22 #85 by rackaholic30
rackaholic30 replied the topic: Re: High fence = B.S
Well I guess I see your point on several thousands of acres considering the fact that a home range of a whitetail is considerably smaller than a thousand acres thats for sure. I think for me it's just the thought that it is not free roam because these animals are trapped, yes it may be a very large area but still confined none the less. I'm not sure how high fence areas are ran but if they are implementing straws of semen into thier doe herd to make them have huge trophy whitetail then how is that ok. I guess it just makes me mad because a normal hard working avid hunter that puts hundreds of hours in the summer doin what he can to get the edge on a mature buck. Things like hangin tree stands and checkin trail photos while covered in poisen ivy with mosquitos all over us haha and it's 98 degrees outside. I guess I feel like they should earn that buck of a lifetime not take it. I almost bet that when they take that huge high fence buck they couldnt possibly be as ecited as someone who has earned it.

More
28 Feb 2011 23:19 #106 by Beau_5SO
Beau_5SO replied the topic: Re: High fence = B.S
I'm with you on this one Rackaholic30. As memorable as taking a trophy whitetail is, much of the excitement that leads to those emotions are tied with the experiences of scouting and the countless hours spent trying to get in close range of the bruiser. I know guys in Texas and others out West will argue that some of their ranches consist of thousands of acres and that their deer or other wild animals react to the high fenced areas as though they aren’t fenced in but ultimately they are. Arguing semantics on a topic doesn’t change the facts or point of the conversation.

Proverbs 14:23 "All hard work brings a profit, but mere talk leads to poverty."

More
01 Mar 2011 19:58 #120 by rackaholic30
rackaholic30 replied the topic: Re: High fence = B.S
Very well put. You get back what you put in I always say haha.

More
02 Mar 2011 04:40 #135 by bonecollector85
bonecollector85 replied the topic: Re: High fence = B.S
I would agree high fence is BS i wouldnt walk into someones yard shoot there prize goose and be proud of it. I have had this argument with a few people and it can get pretty heated.

Time to create page: 0.319 seconds